Re: amber-developers: amber performance

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:58:47 -0500

Scott -
Great! I will be working for a little bit to get tip4p (actually I will
probably just go ahead and do full extra pnts support), remd, ti into a
checked in version of pmemd so the various amber developers can start
reaping the benefits; then I will go back to pushing performance and can
have pieces of that available for "pmemd 10 beta" performance comparison.
Right now, the code base I have is not significantly faster than 9; I have
been spending time on design issues, ff validity, electrostatic methods
validity, etc. But I'll have some of this stuff working hopefully before
too long.
Best Regards - Bob