Re: amber-developers: amber performance

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:29:29 -0500

Yong -
Don't fret about the ntwx 250; it is a matter of history, and as we move
forward we can change it to look more competitive. I have kept the values
so far in the factor ix benchmark for backward compatibility with older
results. Also, by cranking the write frequency up, I actually am actively
looking to push the disk i/o a bit harder to see where it will be a
bottleneck (so if I can get away with ntwx 250 at 300 processors, then I
should be able to get away with ntwx 1000 on 1200 processors). I do feel
that it is really only a fair benchmark if you DO write a trajectory though,
as most folks want at least a trajectory. If we handle our file i/o
efficiently, then we can end up having a competitive advantage here (so the
guys competing against us need to write trajectories too).
Regards - Bob