amber-developers: tutorial morass

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:34:00 -0800

Hi,

Wow, thanks a lot to all the people that have been providing and
updating the tutorials !

Maybe Im alone in feeling that the volume of tutorials has become so
large that I can no longer tell a newbie "read the tutorials".
Furthermore, I have to now study the tutorial pages to create a
short targeted list of tutorials for a specialized newbie and am still
left with a sense of unease or incompletenesss.
Also the clicking-depth of the tutorial pages has become deep.
At the same time I do not want old tutorials to disappear unless they
have really really become completely useless.

So should we be doing a better job of classifying the tutorials ?
Im thinking along the lines of keywords - maybe via program name,
scientific technique, etc.
Can we provide a prioritized linear list of all tutorials - maybe
deemphasizing old ones via font ?

Also can we postpone the November deadline for this:
Note: This page replaces the old amber tutorials page and contains many of the old tutorials but not all of them. The old page will still be available until the end of November here)

http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/tutorials/amber_workshop/Tutorial_four/

Scott
ps It is also possible that I have just been out of touch for too long.