Re: amber-developers: Troubles at PSC

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 20:37:07 -0400

Dave -
I think I based this on some discussion on the either the dev or the users
list; I don't remember if you were involved, but it was some of the guys I
considered more experienced in the practical aspects; I mostly do code. So
it is folklore without analysis, but it was amber folklore (I think the
statement was something to the effect that it is good to have 0.25 psec
snapshots). Sorry if I have been propagating something that is not quite
right based on faith. Anybody else want to weigh in on this issue? It is
actually really impt in terms of the cost of simulation and how far you can
scale (bigger traj are a pain, and have a real cost at high scaling, and as
the systems get bigger the cost goes up).
Regards - Bob