Re: amber-developers: Troubles at PSC

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:39:20 -0700

On Thu, May 04, 2006, Robert Duke wrote:

> I dump trajectory every 250 steps

Is this a real requirement, i.e. do you need sub-picosecond resolution in
dynamics? The structures at this time resolution will be highly correlated
with each other, so there is in effect redundant information in the snapshots.

I haven't saved snapshots at less than 1 ps resolution (usually 2ps or longer)
for a long time. In the cases where I need more fine grained information, I
usually run a short, "fine-grained" simulation (with a small ntwx) to get the
needed data.

It should be clear that I may be way off base here, since I don't know the
real requirements. But you might want to see if you could refine the
requirements to require less frequent disk access.

....regards...dave