Re: amber-developers: Proposal: a firefox extension for amber8 html-based user manual

From: Xuebin Qiao <xbqiao.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 05:11:03 -0700

Dear Ross:

This small project is not primarily aimed at a plain web-hosted html
manual. As I mentioned before, it is only a byproduct of a bigger project
on schedule. Firefox is a popular mozilla-based cross-platform browser.
Although it is not so hot in amber users so far, I believe it will be
widespread soon when we have a cool amber help :-). As you can see in my
screenshot, we can make amber help tightly integrate into the browser
menu. In addition, I deliberately design it to reserve original page
layout of the pdf version as much as possible while conforming to the
standard of mozilla help. So, any amber users may take it without any
surprise. I hope it will be some forms of contribution to mozilla/firefox
community too. At last, it is trivial to port to other mozilla-base
browsers or transform to a complete online form.

PS. as for why work with amber8 user manual, because I can only access
this version so far. And I think in quite a long time there still will be
lots of amber8 users remain even after version 9 is released.

--
... there have been two really clean,
consistent models of programming so far: