Re: amber-developers: pathscale, gfortran and pgf90 problems

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:24:10 -0700

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006, Scott Brozell wrote:

> pgf90 -c -tp px -fast -Mfree -o bintraj.o _bintraj.f
> PGF90-F-0004-Unable to open MODULE file typesizes.mod (_bintraj.f: 98)
>
> The problem is that only ./dcqtp/mod/Makefile is using MODULEDIR.
> It looks like several pieces are going to be needed:
> 1. get ../netcdf/include as the argument of $(MODULEDIR)
> 2. put the above into the right compiler invocations in sander/Makefile

But why does no other compiler need typesizes.mod?

The "simple" fix is this: after line 253 in src/sander/Makefile, add the
line:

<tab> cp ../netcdf/include/typsizes.mod .

Then typsizes.mod would be in the sander directory (just like netcdf.mod),
and no magic is necessary.

Can you try that idea?

JTM: why did you not copy typesizes.mod when copying netcdf.mod??

...dac

[I feel *much* more justified in the decision to make -nobintraj the
default.
The number of ways that netcdf can fail is quite impressive.]

As a corollary, please only attach netCDF problems after you think that
everything else is working -- let's get the most important bugs looked at
first.