amber-developers: ifc8.0 is out

From: Viktor Hornak <hornak.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:44:15 -0700

I thought some people might want to know that Intel Fortran (and C++)
compiler 8.0 for Linux is available on their site for download. This is
good news for those who use Linux environment for developing amber8,
because this version finally works with more recent distributions, such
as Red Hat 8, 9. This will also avoid _a lot_ of trouble when amber8
comes out, because many people would have linux distributions newer
than RedHat 7.3 (which was the last one that worked with ifc7.1) and
would not be able to compile amber8 with ifc7.1.
I just thought this could be useful for some people...

-Viktor
--
Viktor Hornak
SUNY at Stony Brook