Re: amber-developers: Added frcmod.ff03

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:33:00 -0700

Hi,

To me the addition of a field separator character improves readability:

prot.na.pol.ep.ff02

protnapolep.ff02

I like dot better than underscore as a separator.

Also I think that element symbols should be reserved;
perhaps nuc instead of na; nuc has been used before as an
abbreviation for nucleic acid.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, David A. Case wrote:

> At the July meeting, we discussed ways in which the names would be more
> informative. For example, "ff02EP" would become something like
> "protnapolep.ff02" (for protein + nucleic acid + polarization + EP).
But
> there comes a point at which such names become too unwieldy, and where
shorter
> is better (with a good table in the documentation that provides this
info.)

ohhh know, here comes the fortran 6 character name limitation <.:--O

scott