Re: [AMBER-Developers] xleap

From: Steinbrecher, Thomas via AMBER-Developers <amber-developers.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:32:49 +0100

Apologies if this is a dumb question from someone who has missed the last
ten years of amber news, but what would be considered the default
replacement for leap? The manual still seems to consider it the standard
preparation tool.

I set up a few simulations in good old Xleap now and found it pretty much
exactly as I remembered, good parts and bad. While such consistency is
admirable, if there are newer and more continuously developed alternatives,
I'd love to look at them...

Kind Regards,

Thomas

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 6:28 PM David A Case via AMBER-Developers <
amber-developers.ambermd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2023, Brent Krueger via AMBER-Developers wrote:
>
> >Is everyone else already aware that Illumina has named the chemistry
> >process that is in their new sequencing instruments: XLEAP-SBS? I just
> >learned this today. Seems like infringement.
>
> Doesn't bother me. I don't think anyone will be confused, and Amber's
> xleap
> program is rarely used anymore.
>
> ....dac

*Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher*
Principal Scientist CADD
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development
Roche Innovation Center Basel
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Bldg. 092/3.92
Grenzacherstrasse 124