[AMBER-Developers] Release Candidate 3 for Amber22/AmberTools22

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 08:34:13 -0400

Hi everyone:

The third release candidate tarballs are available:

    wget https://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools22.02apr22.tar.bz2
    wget https://ambermd.org/downloads/Amber22.02apr22.tar.bz2

See instructions and post results here:

    https://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber22Test

(editing password is 'pakrules'). Some notes:

1. I debated with myself whether to even make this RC. The main change
    is in how python things are installed. Beyond that, there are a couple
    of changes to the tests and some small code changes, plus a bunch of
    places that change Amber20 to Amber22, etc.

    SO: if you have tested RC2 there is not much point in repeating that for
    RC3. If you are doing your first tests, or have some particular problems
    to look at, go ahead and use RC3.

3. I can get almost everything to work on OSX 11 and 12 (Big Sur/Monterey)
    on Intel hardware. But it would still be good to have some other people
    test things, since OSX has so many software options. I use MacPorts,
    and don't have time to test homebrew or other options.

    Ray has been working on OSX 12 with M1 chips, but without much success.
    Details are on the wiki page, but we need more details about the errors.

4. If things work for you, consider checking your setup against those on
    the Amber site, https://ambermd.org/Installation.php, and update those
    pages as needed.

...thanks in advance....dac