Re: [AMBER-Developers] Release Candidate 2 for Amber22/AmberTools22

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 15:05:24 -0400

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022, Ray Luo wrote:

>I'm trying to build it on my macbook pro with the M1 chip, macOS Monterey
>12.2.1. Cmake configure went through smoothly. However, it seems like the
>object files are still generated for macOS-x86_64. See the error message
>below:

Looks like it is the other way around: object file is arm64, but somehow
the code is trying to build an intel-based executable.

Try this, after run_cmake:

    VERBOSE=1 make

That will give you more info on exactly what is happening. Is ucpp the
first thing that gets built? Or do some other parts work?

>ld: warning: ignoring file CMakeFiles/ucpp.dir/nhash.c.o, building for
>macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for unknown-arm64
>
>Sorry I forgot the password for the wikipage ...

It was in the email I sent:

>> > See instructions and post results here:
>> > https://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber22Test
>> > (editing password is 'pakrules').