Re: [AMBER-Developers] libz now seems required by Amber

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 16:01:05 -0500

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022, Dan Roe wrote:

>Testing the latest GIT master on WSL2 (Windows 11), Ubuntu 20.
>
>I don't have any of the compression dev libraries installed yet, and indeed
>cmake doesn't find them:
>
>-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
>-- Could NOT find BZip2 (missing: BZIP2_LIBRARIES BZIP2_INCLUDE_DIR)

The zlib libraries are indeed listed as pre-requisites for all types of Linux
at https://ambermd.org/Installation.php. Given all the other items that
Amber requires, having zlib on the list doesn't seem like a big burden.
But if someone wants to modify the cmake files so that this is optional, and
just leads to a cpptraj without that capability, I'm not against it.

....dac