Re: [AMBER-Developers] Some comments about the upcoming 2022 release of Amber and AmberTools

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:08:16 -0500

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022, Stephan Schott wrote:

>Should we also consider testing of the AMD implementation in that testing
>list? I noticed that it has been advertised on their webpage (
>https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/infinity-hub/amber), but I personally
>don't know how ripe this is, nor how big of a "selling pont" this would be.
>We might have a chance to test things in an HPC environment, but I am not
>sure this would happen before the release date.

AMD was supposed to help us (actually the University of Utah) get access to
AMD cards, but that has been delayed by shipment problems.

Ada Sedova at ONRL is testing out the AMD branch. If any one else on this
e-mail list is also doing that, please chime in!

Anyone with access to NVIDIA hardware can follow merge request !828 at
gitlab, and help out if you can. We need to make sure that the
"amd_support" branch doesn't interfere with jobs being run on NVIDIA
hardware.

...thanks...dac