Re: [AMBER-Developers] Short comment in Intel Compilers/Intel Python

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 20:41:12 -0400

Hi,

Dave, what intel version did you install ?
(Note that recent intel versioning/naming has introduced a discontinuity;
previously, the version, eg, 19.0.x, was aligned with the file path, eg
/opt/intel/bla_2019.blabla. But that is no longer the case, eg, parallel
studio/oneapi update 4 is 19.1.3 with paths ...2020.4.)

FWIW, we have long designated intel compiler built amber as the first
choice at OSC; and before that (many many moons ago) it was PGI. So
i routinely build and test with non-gnu.

Here's our latest:
icc version 19.1.3.304 (gcc version 9.1.0 compatibility)
Jun 25 8:22:21pm pitzer-login 411$ ~ icc -V
Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 19.1.3.304 Build 20200925_000000
Copyright (C) 1985-2020 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

scott