[AMBER-Developers] AmberTools21 release candidate 2 is ready for testing

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:27:07 -0400

Hi everyone:

You can get the second release candidate here:

     https://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools21.RC2.tar.bz2

Things that I am hoping are resolved:

* works with gfortran10 (but see below)
* avoids problems with some (older?) boost installations
* updates to quick, ions
* should be OK if both AmberTools21 and Amber20 are untarred into the same folder
* mdgx.cuda should be built correctly (but still needs testing)
* only tests pytraj in serial mode (good and bad points to this...)

Known problems, so don't be surprised:

* gfortran10 doesn't work with Amber20/pmemd; we'll need to post an
   update for that to work. (I think pmemd in the master branch should be OK)
* The quick tests don't pass on all machines--looks like roundoff errors.
   (Note that quick is not built by default, but some people should test it.)
* reaxff-puremd doesn't work for me; again, this is not built by default,
   but something needs attention here.

As before, please report results and problems here:

    https://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmberTools21Test

...thx...dac