Re: [AMBER-Developers] building pmemd with both openmp and mpi?

From: Charles Lin <Charles.lin.silicontx.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:26:16 +0000

If I remember correctly openmp was only enabled for the intel compiler in the old make build system.

I think -mic should likely be deprecated for amber 20 as the knight's crossing chips are no longer even being sold by Intel.

I believe -mic2 works for KNL and Xeon processors as KNL was kinda just a normal processor with more cores, however these were KNL specific optimizations. However, KNL is also no longer sold by Intel, so we could also deprecate this for Amber 20.

-midpoint_spdp was to compile a version of the code that was similar to SPFP for CPU.

-Charlie