[AMBER-Developers] About IEEE warnings in pmemd.cuda

From: pengfei li <ldsoar1990.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:38:26 -0500

Dear AMBER folks,

I have a quick question about running pmemd.cuda (serial version):

I have installed AMBER2017 (Amber16 + AmberTools17, gcc-5.2 with OpenMPI-2.1.1 with cuda-8.0), all the serial pmemd.cuda tests passed, but I meet the following warning for some of the running jobs about my research (not all of the jobs):

Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL

OR

Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_INVALID_FLAG IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL

Do these warnings matter? Thanks!

Best regards,
Pengfei