[AMBER-Developers] moving to LyX 2.3 for Amber.lyx

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:34:50 -0400

Hi everyone:

I think the LyX 2.3 (current version) train has left the station, and
you will need to use this new version for future edits to the Amber.lyx
documentation file.

See www.lyx.org for info on how to download and install the current
version.

[Those with good memories may remember that I threatened to convert to
OverLeaf at some point. I'm still gaining experience with that online
resource, but am not yet convinced that it will work well for a complex
900+ page document like the Amber Reference Manual. So I cannot say
if/when we might make that conversion, but people will get plenty of
advance notice. LyX has its downsides, and one or two developers have
been unable to get it work for them. But for the most part, I think it
has served us well: non-latex people can make edits, and the program
enforces a certain latex style.]

....dac