Re: [AMBER-Developers] request for Volunteers, part 2

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 21:45:46 -0400

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018, Ross Walker wrote:
> Just change
>
> nvccflags="$sm20flags $sm30flags $sm50flags $sm52flags $sm53flags
> $sm60flags $sm61flags"

I think you are looking at an old version of configure2.

> Note we should also be sure to enable CUDA 9.1 support in configure2.

Same idea: cuda 9.1 is being tested (see wiki page) and seems to be OK.

Basic idea that needs testing: Is there a way for an executable
compiled without $sm20flags to figure out is being run on a pre-kepler
GPU, and exit gracefully with a useful error message?

[Note: this is pretty low priority: I'd rather see RC3 tests on
different GPUs, and compiled with different versions of nvcc.

...thanks...dac