Re: [AMBER-Developers] NMR restraints and re-imaging

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 15:37:03 -0500

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:46 PM, David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com> wrote:
> I THINK IT'S A BUG FIX:
> The current setup re-images all coordinates, molecule by molecule, relative
> to a single reference frame, then applies the NMR restraints (and any
> bonded interactions) to those coordinates. Bonds are safe, but if an NMR
> restraint applies between two separate molecules, there is a slim chance
> that they will have been re-imaged in a way that suddenly puts an
> additional box length between them. So the proposed change, which would

I'm in the middle of an office move today so I don't have time to look
at this in-depth right now, but I was under the impression that
sander/pmemd only ever image coordinates for output (not internally).
This is why a simulation with restraints will work for an initial run
but sometimes not for the restart. I've got several DNA-stretching
runs where this was in fact the case, unless the code has been
significantly modified since then.

-Dan