[AMBER-Developers] CO2 chemistry

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 13:58:57 -0400

Hi,

There have been news report on climate change denialism material being sent
from the Heartland Institute:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/anti-climate-change-booklets-landing-mailboxes-thousands-teachers/
It appears that the Ohio State Univ. Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
has received such material (I am far offsite and have not seen it directly).

Here is an article in the Skeptical Inquirer, vol. 41, May/June 2017
by David J. Helfand on information-sense (my term, intended to be
contrasted with common sense). It contains a presentation of some facts and
basic chemical concepts involved in producing the stepwise conclusion that
"the dominant component of the CO2 currently being added to the
atmosphere arises from the burning of fossil fuel."

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/surviving_the_misinformation_age

scott