Re: [AMBER-Developers] current master not compiling cuda?

From: Daniel Mermelstein <danmermelstein35.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:15:58 -0700

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, should have been more specific. I just cloned a new repo, and did
./configure -cuda gnu followed by make install. I've tried on multiple
machines, and I get the same error, "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda" and
then exits in pbsa.cuda.

I don't think the problem is permissions, because I was able to compile an
older version (diverged from master February 23rd) just fine, so I actually
think the cuda library issue is a red herring.

I tried "git clean -fxd", followed by "git checkout .", as well as make
distclean but nothing has worked.

What other information would be of use? I assume I'm doing something
foolish seeing as it works for you...

Thanks,

Dan

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Daniel Mermelstein <
> danmermelstein35.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Has anyone tried compiling the current master branch for serial cuda?
>

> ​I just tried it and it worked fine for me.
> ​

> > keep getting "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda". My cuda library is not in
> > /usr/bin/, but I've got the library location in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>

> > Any ideas?
> >

> This kind of thing happens all the time if you use "sudo" and don't use
> "sudo -E". If you're using sudo, stop and don't use sudo instead :).
> chown-ing is way better.
>
> Other than that, I think we'd need more information about exactly what you
> did.
>
> Standard advice as well: "git clean -fxd" followed by "git checkout ." to
> restore you git repo to a fresh state to make sure leftover remnants of an
> old build aren't breaking things.
>
> Good luck,
> Jason
>
> --