Re: [AMBER-Developers] current master not compiling cuda?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:52:33 -0400

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Daniel Mermelstein <
danmermelstein35.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried compiling the current master branch for serial cuda?

​I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

> keep getting "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda". My cuda library is not in
> /usr/bin/, but I've got the library location in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

> Any ideas?

This kind of thing happens all the time if you use "sudo" and don't use
"sudo -E". If you're using sudo, stop and don't use sudo instead :).
 chown-ing is way better.

Other than that, I think we'd need more information about exactly what you
did.

Standard advice as well: "git clean -fxd" followed by "git checkout ." to
restore you git repo to a fresh state to make sure leftover remnants of an
old build aren't breaking things.

Good luck,