Re: [AMBER-Developers] CUDA build fails for PBSA

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 15:49:17 -0500

I saw the same thing as Dan. I needed to add -lstdc++ to the linker line
to resolve this.

It seems either your gfortran build links the C++ libraries on its own or
it doesn't. If it does, then everything will work. If it doesn't, you get
the error unless you explicitly link libstdc++. We saw exactly the same
problem with pmemd.cuda in the early days and spent a fair bit of effort
iterating over the available compilers and options and such before we
finally got something that works. Look at line 1406 of configure2 and
you'll see fc_cxx_link_flag being added to the CUDA library. Note that not
all compilers use libstdc++, though (which is why fc_cxx_link_flag exists
and changes based on your compiler choice).

I *highly* recommend specifying flags in configure rather than hardcoding
them in the Makefile. In fact, I would recommend just trying the pmemd
CUDA flags and see if that works. If not, you may need to add another
variable for PBSA's CUDA libraries.

All the best,
Jason