Re: [AMBER-Developers] simplified install process (e.g: no AMBERHOME, no sourcing amber.sh)

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:59:43 -0500

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:50:54AM -0500, Hai Nguyen wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 10:34 AM, David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2017, Hai Nguyen wrote:
> >
> > > PS2: "NEW" won't work with --skip-python option (there is no Python code
> > > to wrap "nab" program to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
> >
> > Can't you use a shell script instead?....dac
> >
> I do no want to support various shell types (like amber.sh, amber.csh).
>
> But If I try hard, I can make "NEW" work with "--skip-python" by trying
> various python version.
> However, it's hard to install python2.4 nowadays so I don't have any to
> test my change.

I don't know the details here, but i strongly prefer to have an
installation process that does not need python; i might settle for
a process that will work with any python.

For Dock 6.9 I'll be resynchronizing Dock and AmberTools. Dock uses
a kernel of Ambertools that includes antechamber et al., sff, tleap,
and maybe (probably not) nab. Again the details are as yet unknown,
but all four of those are not python programs, and i do
not want Dock users to have to deal with python.

If you need help supporting two unix shells (OMG 2 !) then i can help.

thanks,
scott