Re: [AMBER-Developers] Should we add more troubleshooting to the Makefile?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 11:48:09 -0500

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:26 PM, David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> 2. Given that Windows10 has a new and functional Linux subsystem, do
> we need to continue to support the -cygwin, -wine and -windows options?

I think I may have been the only person testing on cygwin, and I no
longer have time to do this thoroughly. Unless someone else is testing
we should probably remove that option. Ditto for the others if no one
is testing them.

> 3. Does anyone use -static?

Not certain but it's a fairly standard option for builds to have.
However, I'm not sure that it has been tested - Amber does now have a
few libraries that go into $AMBERHOME/lib...

> 4. Does anyone use -nosse?

Yes, this has been discussed before on the dev list. It's useful for
environments with heterogeneous processors where some support sse
instructions and some don't.

> 8. Is anyone using the -netcdfstatic option?

Yes. I usually use this at HPC sites where I want to link to their
NetCDF library but don't want users to have to worry about loading a
NetCDF module.

-Dan