[AMBER-Developers] Tutorials

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:39:39 -0400

Hello Amberites,

I'm committing a couple of my own tutorials, but in doing so I've noticed
that our offerings are in a bit of disarray. I'm in the process of
cleaning up the page code and splitting it into several sections rather
than having one big long list.

I propose to make some changes to the ordering and grouping of the
tutorials, but none will be left out. The big change will be to have five
or six sub-pages that users can open in order to access the various
tutorials. The index page will retain most of its look and feel, but the
ToC will be expanded to have not just links to each sub-page but also a
listing with #links for each tutorial.

I've also made some minor alterations to the tutorial abstracts. I'm
inclined to do away with calling tutorials "Advanced" because the notion of
advanced concepts in Amber has evolved somewhat over the years, but the
numbering system will stay in place anticipating that reflector
conversations cannot be retroactively changed. I have edited the page
source to stop warning people if things are for "Amber 9 or later" but more
recent additions retain those warnings.

If anyone has input on this matter, please let me know.

Dave