Re: [AMBER-Developers] reference os+compiler systems

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:52:06 -0500

I guess it is the 'which we no longer support' that I am getting at. What
we have on my local system is, in fact, gcc4.1.2, along with Intel
 12.0.0. I think we need to support form of old compiler. For me, Intel12
has been that compiler. If we drop support of Intel compilers, then I
think we need to maintain/add support of older gcc (such as 4.1.2). Again,
maybe what I have is too old and I'm OK with the community telling me that
I need to step up and force an upgrade. But many users don't have that
ability very easily.

BTW, Intel12 builds successfully as of this morning. (I do have errors
with python things, which cause make to die, but 2/3 of the exe files get
built and I can manually build some of the others such that pmemd, sander,
leap, etc seem to build OK.) I haven't checked gcc4.1.2 but past
experience says that will not be successful at all.

Thanks,
Brent