Re: [AMBER-Developers] ioutfm = 0

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:39:39 -0700

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Gerald Monard
<Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr> wrote:

> I am not that convinced by the disk space: when I gzip my text file, I
> usually get smaller files that the netcdf ones. However, I do agree that
> they are more convenient to handle and faster to process with cpptraj.

Don't forget they are also higher precision and less error-prone (e.g.
1 corrupted frame won't prevent processing subsequent frames). Also,
should you happen upon it 5 years from now you will have an easier
time figuring out what topology it belongs to since # atoms are stored
in the file.

-Dan

> G.

> --