Re: [AMBER-Developers] git logs and squashing commits

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:44:22 -0700

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:
> Recent means CentOS 7? Or also CentOS 6? - We should at least be testing on all OS versions that still under official support. I think this also means CentOS 5 although I don't see many systems running this anymore. But 6 is very ubiquitous. A lot of people still install 6 on new machines given how much they screwed things up in 7.
>
> We should probably add Suse to that list as well.
>
> Do github offer CI hardware that includes various GPUs? (and KNC Xeon Phi would be useful too).

I don't think they do (although someone correct me if I'm wrong here).
I think we would have to set up our own test server for things like
that, but GitHub (and probably similar things like GitLab) have hooks
you can set up to do this automatically (see e.g.
https://developer.github.com/guides/building-a-ci-server/).

Having our own servers might actually be the best way to go in the
long run since we should certainly cover as many of the common
environments as we possibly can, which may be a bit too much for
Travis, especially considering the size of the test cases for e.g.
sander. Speaking of that - after this release it may be worth seeing
if we can streamline the test cases somewhat...

-Dan

> All the best
> Ross

Daniel R. Roe, PhD