Re: [AMBER-Developers] git logs and squashing commits

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:14:47 -0800

I will add to this... If we want to switch the entire git repository and development approach over to git hub and make this the single point of contact for development this is something we can consider. But it is something that should be discussed between the development team and then the executive team should make a decision which will bind everyone involved in AMBER development. This will also include determining the costs of having a privately hosted repository on git hub and will need to be budgeted appropriately. As such clear pros and cons should be put forward as arguments for and against and a decision made. This also includes a plan for what happens should github disappear - which is very possible given it is burning through VC money at a rate of knots.

The piece meal approach is not appropriate and appears unprofessional in my opinion.

All the best
Ross