Re: [AMBER-Developers] updated tutorials table of contents

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 14:58:43 +0100

On Wed, 6 May 2015 08:59:38 -0400
Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Hannes Loeffler
> <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 5 May 2015 13:48:58 -0400
> > David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > I have made a stab at reorganizing the tutorial intro page:
> > >
> > > http://ambermd.org/tutorials
> > >
> > > Basically, this is (for now) just a re-organization, so that
> > > similar tutorials appear next to each other. I didn't change any
> > > names or numbers, so that all links should continue to work.
> > > It's just that the tutorials no longer appear in "numerical"
> > > order, but in a more logical order.
> > >
> > > Please fix anything that looks wrong, and feel free to suggest
> > > further modfications.
> >
> > I think an update of A9 would be beneficial. The tutorial is still
> > relevant for sander but I think it should also have a, at least
> > small, section on how to run it with pmemd14.
>

> ​I completely agree. It is substantially more involved than doing it
> in sander. sander is also an easier workflow to understand, since
> pmemd TI setup mirrors optimization details of its implementation (so
> if you know what those are it makes more sense, but that is probably
> a small number of people).

The question is then how the new material should be presented. E.g.
would it be better to rely on the current sander material to explain
the basics and add the pmemd related text as an addon or would a "fork"
as in the MM-PBSA tutorial (Perl vs Python) be the clearer option?

> > I can offer help doing this.
> >

> ​This would be great, especially if you have experience with this.
> How (and how much) would you like to help? Here are some options I
> can think of:
>
> 1) You can modify the website directly and add the sections
> 2) You can compile a text-based writeup that one of us can transcribe
> into the webpage
> 3) You can review, modify, and correct if necessary an initial draft
> that one of us compiles
> 4) Other ideas?

I think best would be to do the editing off-line and upload a release
version when a useful version is available.