Re: [AMBER-Developers] updated tutorials table of contents

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 08:59:38 -0400

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
wrote:

> On Tue, 5 May 2015 13:48:58 -0400
> David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> > I have made a stab at reorganizing the tutorial intro page:
> >
> > http://ambermd.org/tutorials
> >
> > Basically, this is (for now) just a re-organization, so that similar
> > tutorials appear next to each other. I didn't change any names or
> > numbers, so that all links should continue to work. It's just that
> > the tutorials no longer appear in "numerical" order, but in a more
> > logical order.
> >
> > Please fix anything that looks wrong, and feel free to suggest further
> > modfications.
>
> I think an update of A9 would be beneficial. The tutorial is still
> relevant for sander but I think it should also have a, at least small,
> section on how to run it with pmemd14.

​I completely agree. It is substantially more involved than doing it in
sander. sander is also an easier workflow to understand, since pmemd TI
setup mirrors optimization details of its implementation (so if you know
what those are it makes more sense, but that is probably a small number of
people).

> I can offer help doing this.

​This would be great, especially if you have experience with this. How
(and how much) would you like to help? Here are some options I can think
of:

1) You can modify the website directly and add the sections
2) You can compile a text-based writeup that one of us can transcribe into
the webpage
3) You can review, modify, and correct if necessary an initial draft that
one of us compiles
4) Other ideas?

​Obviously the choice depends on what you have time for (and to that point,
I'm not sure when other devs with pmemd TI expertise will have time to put
anything together)​.

Thanks for the suggestion!

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University