Re: [AMBER-Developers] Amber release names

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:04:02 -0500

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 06:18:10AM -0500, Jason Swails wrote:

> > > See below.
> >
> > Where, i did not see it ?
> >
> > I want to see the logical proof that licensing forces us into the split.
> > Or an admission that no such proof exists and thus that we could
> > theoretically merge.
> >

> This isn't about, and has never been about, *forcing*. But apparently
> since everyone is licensing their own code the way they want in AmberTools,
> the split gives no clarity on this front. I'll probably punt this question
> to Dave.

Thanks for the statement that the split is not forced.

Yes, it was about that; when Dave wrote "We can't merge" what he
really meant was "It would be too expensive to merge" or the like.
(When people in authority make absolute statements, some people
blindly believe them, and some others want the truth known.)

scott