Re: [AMBER-Developers] regression test directory

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:55:20 -0500

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015, Gerald Monard wrote:

> For the development/maintenance of the SEBOMD part and the QUICK part (=
> ab initio code from Kennie's group) in AmberTools, I would like to set
> up some tests that could be (very) time consuming. These would be mostly
> regression tests to ensure that what is developed doesn't break anything.
>
> Given that the current test/ directory (AmberTools+Amber) is ~2 Gbytes
> and that what I will add should not be of any use for a non-developer, I
> think it would be wiser to put my tests somewhere else.
>
> What I suggest is to create a reg-test/ directory (or any name that
> suits you) in Amber that would not be part of the distribution and that
> could serve for development testing. I would keep (for SEBOMD and
> quick), only relevant tests to ensure a proper compilation for the users
> and move the rest to this directory.

This sounds great to me. We might consider moving some other large and
expensive tests to this new place, in order to speed up and reduce the size of
the regular tests.

It is trivial to leave certain directories out of the release (see the
excludes and excludes_at files in the top directory in the git version).
And extra thanks to Gerald for helping to figure out what the quick code can
really do.

....dac