[AMBER-Developers] regression test directory

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:47:10 +0100

Hello,

For the development/maintenance of the SEBOMD part and the QUICK part (=
ab initio code from Kennie's group) in AmberTools, I would like to set
up some tests that could be (very) time consuming. These would be mostly
regression tests to ensure that what is developed doesn't break anything.

Given that the current test/ directory (AmberTools+Amber) is ~2 Gbytes
and that what I will add should not be of any use for a non-developer, I
think it would be wiser to put my tests somewhere else.

What I suggest is to create a reg-test/ directory (or any name that
suits you) in Amber that would not be part of the distribution and that
could serve for development testing. I would keep (for SEBOMD and
quick), only relevant tests to ensure a proper compilation for the users
and move the rest to this directory.

Is this OK for you all?

Gerald.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD