Re: [AMBER-Developers] Ideas about a reorganization of the Amber manuals

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:12:34 +0000

Hi,

We should have a look at Sphinx (http://sphinx-doc.org) which uses
reStructuredText. The idea is that from a unique .rst file, you can
output HTML and PDF (through latex). So you can use the same input for a
paper documentation and a web documentation. Math input is compatible
with LaTeX (it is LaTeX syntax in fact:
http://sphinx-doc.org/latest/ext/math.html).

May be it's rather late to convert right now (although, there's a
document converter called pandoc, http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/,
that could be used as a starter) but it could be considered seriously
for a future release.

Gerald.

On 01/27/2014 01:11 PM, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Personally I'm a fan of what NAMD has with their HTML manual:
>> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.9/ug/ so I can see the allure.
>>

> Looking there, I'm pretty sure they used some kind of TeX-->HTML tool
> there. That should work fine, and developers would not need to worry about
> it.
>
> Gustavo.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD
  SRSMC, Université de Lorraine, CNRS