Re: [AMBER-Developers] EMIL breaks everything???

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:27:51 -0500

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014, Ross Walker wrote:
> >
> > 1) What is EMIL?
> > 2) Was it tested before committing?
>
> Can you post instructions on how to get a branch tested by CruiseControl?
> The emil code required automake (should not have); it worked on a number
> of machines, all of which happened to have useful versions of autotools,
> but having the ability to run Cruise Control on a branch (as you or
> someone has been doing with gpu-tachyon) would probably help catch such
> problems.

I have changed the emil build scripts. I added a custom Makefile, and it
conforms now to the rest of Amber (except for MTK++ and the 3rd-party tools
that still need to be configured).

It appears to work, but only builds the static library. Based on the
EMILLIB variable set in the config.h file by configure2, though, that
appears to be the one used in the sander and pmemd builds.

I'm still working with this a little bit, but it appears to be a bit more
stable now.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University