Re: [AMBER-Developers] issues with born radii

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:03:19 -0500

On Sun, 2013-11-03 at 08:23 -0500, case wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013, Jason Swails wrote:
> >
> > It could, but then it's not easily edited. As easy as some people claim
> > the website is to edit, it is significantly more challenging than
> > editing a simple Wiki (it's easy to break monolithic HTML files in ways
> > not easy to detect, and going through the whole git process is harder
> > than editing a Wiki). I just don't trust an HTML table to stay updated
> > any more than the LyX table was.
>
> The "problem" with the current Amber wiki is that it is/was designed for
> internal developers, and is not really appropriate to point ordinary users
> there. A small amount of cleanup would probably fix that. If you want to
> draft an atom types document for the wiki, go ahead...that's the way change
> happens.

I agree that the current Wiki has material that is only of interest to
developers. I also think it is useful to have a wiki specifically for
developers, which is part of the reason I'm hesitant to generate a Wiki
table.

What do people think about creating a general user Wiki at
http://ambermd.org/wiki to complement the developer's one at
http://ambermd.org/pmwiki?

All the best,

BioMaPS,