Re: [AMBER-Developers] Zero VDW radii causing havoc.

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 02:33:59 +0000

I can only add the reminder that our main workaround has been to increase the size of the water box. That is, it disproportionately seems to affect smaller systems. The locals who run simulations of really large systems never seem to see this. Sure, they can't run as long, but there are many more interactions in each step. I suspect most lipid simulations are also much larger than some of the systems we run. I can't promise that this information is useful, but there it is.

FWIW, we're going to re-run some simulations that failed, but with our HO vdW terms on the HW, just to see what happens.

We haven't seen it in CPU. I realize that doesn't mean it couldn't happen there.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia