Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] CUDA install fails due to undefined netcdf definitions

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:06:34 -0400

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, Jason Swails wrote:
> >
> > The sander Makefile says:
> > >
> > > .... -L/home/case/amber12/lib -lnetcdf
>
> I've changed configure2 to point directly to $(LIBDIR)/libnetcdf.a in the
> case
> that we are building in-tree. I think this should resolve the original
> problem that started this thread.
>

> > The emphasis is placed on supporting the locally-compiled NetCDF, but
> > supporting system NetCDFs is quite easy--in fact, no changes have been
> > necessary to maintain compatibility with external NetCDF installations
> > since I added the option in the first place a year or two ago (and it
> still
> > works).
>
> How do you do this with macports? I did a port install for netcdf,
> netcdf-fortran and netcdf-cxx, than ran configure with the --with-netcdf
> flag.
> It built fine, but failed all the netcdf-related tests. I can track this
> down
> (when I find time), but thought I would ask Jason if he had experience with
> this--does this work for other people?

[swails.Robin /opt/local/share ]$ port installed | grep netcdf
  grace .5.1.23_0+netcdf
  grace .5.1.23_1+netcdf (active)
  netcdf .4.2.1.1_0+dap+netcdf4
  netcdf .4.2.1.1_1+dap+netcdf4
  netcdf .4.2.1.1_2+dap+netcdf4 (active)
  netcdf-fortran .4.2_5+gcc47
  netcdf-fortran .4.2_6+gcc47 (active)

What does your output look like? All of my tests pass (and have been
passing for over a year)...

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida