Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] CUDA install fails due to undefined netcdf definitions

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:16:17 -0400

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, Jason Swails wrote:

> The sander Makefile says:
> >
> > .... -L/home/case/amber12/lib -lnetcdf

I've changed configure2 to point directly to $(LIBDIR)/libnetcdf.a in the case
that we are building in-tree. I think this should resolve the original
problem that started this thread.

> The emphasis is placed on supporting the locally-compiled NetCDF, but
> supporting system NetCDFs is quite easy--in fact, no changes have been
> necessary to maintain compatibility with external NetCDF installations
> since I added the option in the first place a year or two ago (and it still
> works).

How do you do this with macports? I did a port install for netcdf,
netcdf-fortran and netcdf-cxx, than ran configure with the --with-netcdf flag.
It built fine, but failed all the netcdf-related tests. I can track this down
(when I find time), but thought I would ask Jason if he had experience with
this--does this work for other people?

...thx...dac