Re: [AMBER-Developers] AmberTools12.lyx now open, more...

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:33:45 -0400

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:41:27PM -0400, Jason Swails wrote:
> If all else fails, clean out these files.
>
> git clean -fxd

Aahhhh, finally success although this did still complain:
AmberTools/src/cpptraj/src/Action_Diffusion.cpp: needs update
... but didn't error out. Ive aliased this to
gitsuperclean :)

> This deletes all untracked files (but does not touch any changes you made).
> Note that "git status" will not show anything about this error if you
> configured git to suppress printing untracked files (which is suggested on
> the Amber wiki). Specifically, if you ran "git config
> status.showUntrackedFiles no", then these 'untracked' files will not be
> printed by 'git status'.

Yes, git status didn't show anything helpful.
Given the fancy git commands that i did show, I think it is a good
inference for helpers to make that this simple one was not useful.

> Alternatively, you can try a "git pull -f" to force through these safety
> guards if you are certain you just want something that mirrors the main
> repository.

Great, another fancy one to add to my list.

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2013, Scott Brozell wrote:
> > > Various variations of above ultimately fail the same way.
> >
> > cf. the usual complaints we usually post to the Amber users' mailing list
> > when there were not enough details for other people to be of much help.

YMMV, but some users know when to wait for the expert ;-)

scott

FWIW full list of aliases
#This will make it so a "git push" only pushes your current branch to the
#branch that it is tracking.
#git config --global push.default tracking
a gita 'git add \!* '
a gitb 'git branch -a \!*'
a gitbac 'git ls-files -d | xargs -t git checkout --'
a gitback 'git ls-files -d | xargs -t git checkout --'
a gitci 'git commit \!*'
a gitclean 'git ls-files -m | xargs -t rm'
#to purge every untracked file from your tree
a gitsuperclean 'git clean -fxd'
a gitco 'git checkout \!* '
a gitcom 'git checkout master \!* '
a gitd 'git diff \!* |& less -p git'
a gitds 'git diff --stat \!* |& less'
a gitdsm 'git diff --stat origin/master \!* |& less '
a gitdh 'git diff origin/master \!* |& less -p ^diff'
a gitdm 'git diff origin/master \!* |& less '
a gitf 'git fetch \!* '
a gitl 'git log --follow \!* |& less -p commit'
a gitls 'git ls-files \!* |& less'
a gitpull 'git pull \!* '
a gitll 'git pull \!* '
#force past safety guards if one is certain one wants to mirror the main repo.
a gitpullf 'git pull -f \!* '
a gitpush 'git push \!* '
a gitst 'git status -u \!* |& less'