Re: [AMBER-Developers] Testing Periodic ICCG pbsa solver under MMPBSA

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:56:47 -0800

Jason,

Wes is on the road, so I'll reply on behalf of him ... for his
periodic calculations, he doesn't need any box informations from the
MD trajectories since the PB box is 100% independent of MD box. Also
PBSA only supports rectangular shape right now.

For the tests that Wes is running, it's simply that MMPBSA.py doesn't
allow the new option values for the existing keywords, I think it's
easier to change. We just don't know where these are set in the
script.

However, for Amber13/AmberTool release, end users will need to access
additional keywords in PBSA to use his membrane support, but these are
easier to do down the road.

All the best,
Ray