Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fortran experts, a word of advice please

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:00:05 -0400

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> We might ultimately want to consider changing the compile optimized flag at
> the top of files into a compile optimized / compile optimized precise or
> something similar. That was we can tune things a little better for
> individual files rather than just turning off compilation completely.
>
> Comments on this?

While your approach grants more flexibility for sure, I think we should
wait on this. There's not yet a practical, clearly-defined advantage to
have multi-level optimizations -- it's more philosophical/ideological at
this point (Thomas himself said the performance hit is small).

Just my 2c.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida