Re: [AMBER-Developers] Third (final?) release candidate for Amber 12

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 13:54:49 -0400

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012, Wu, Xiongwu (NIH/NHLBI) [E] wrote:

> I am testing installation on cygwin and see the following error messages:

> gcc -DCYGWIN -DBINTRAJ -o utilMakeHelp.exe basics.o sysdepend.o stringExtra.o varArray.o getline.o avl.o pdb_format.o pdb_read.o pdb_sprntf.o pdb_sscanf.o pdb_write.o vector.o zMatrix.o sort.o bag.o hash.o dictionary.o database.o nVector.o ring.o matrix.o fortran.o displayer.o utilMakeHelp.o
> ./utilMakeHelp helptext.text helptext.c
> ./utilMakeHelp: ./utilMakeHelp: cannot execute binary file

This is weird...any one else see this behavior? The reports on the AmberWiki
(from Dan) are that Amber12/AmberTools12 compiles fine on cygwin. Also,
I used cygwin for many years and never came across this problem. [This part of
the code hasn't changed in like 20 years, but maybe cygwin has...Which version
of Windows are you using?]

Does the following work "./utilMakeHelp.exe helptext.text helptext.c" ?

....dac