Re: [AMBER-Developers] clean include

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:52:44 -0400

Hi,

No, i didn't make uninstall or make clean or make blablaclean;
I read the configure output and thought it had removed all
compiler dependent files because it said:
Cleaning the src directories. This may take a few moments.

Re-configuring should either remove all compiler dependent files
or say that doing that is still necessary:
Cleaning the src directories, but if you are reconfiguring
to switch compilers then you must make uninstall.
This may take a few moments.

The confusing nature of such a message points to more
potential problems imo.

scott

ps
the clean target seems ok to me.
There should be a distclean target.
distclean is defintely distinct from uninstall.
we can even imagine the user scenario where post-install the
user just want to get rid of junk but keep the fruits of their labor,
ie the executables.