Re: [AMBER-Developers] Builds of AMBER 12 with gcc 4.1.2 failing

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:26:35 -0700

Hi Tyler,

> I think we should have a consistent policy as to what happens when some
> functionality is not available with a particular compiler or whatever.
> IMO, I think configure should _always_ die with an error message and
> explicit instructions on how to proceed. My previous error message
> would return the user's original configure command modified such that
> RISM would not be built by adding '-norism' and removing any instances
> of '-rism'. This way they could copy and paste to quickly get to the
> next step but also knew exactly what functionality was missing.

The problem is that ./configure -norism gnu no longer works. It still tries
to build rism because of the dependency on rism that has been introduced in
the building of libsff. So right now it makes no difference if -norism is
specific or not - the build process still tries to build FFTW3 and that's
where it crashes.

All the best
Ross

/\