Re: [AMBER-Developers] Builds of AMBER 12 with gcc 4.1.2 failing

From: Romelia Salomon <romelia.caltech.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I want to add some concerns to this issue. I have tried that and I can't
get Amer to compile either. I have the same problem as Ross. I have tried
both intel and gnu and I get the same problem. I am compiling the version
from the git tree. I did a git clone just now before configuring and
compiling before writing this email.

These are the specifications for the system I am using:

Red Hat 5.8
the intel compiler 10.1
gnu compilers 4.1.2
mpich2 1.2.1p1

Example of errors with intel

ifort -c -DBINTRAJ \
                 \
                -ip -O3 -axSTPW -FR
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-mine/include
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-mine/include \
                -o rism3d_fft.o rism3d_fft.F90
fortcom: Error: rism3d_fft.F90, line 319: A pointer dummy argument with the
INTENT(IN) attribute shall not appear as an actual argument if the
associated dummy
argument has the INTENT(OUT) or INTENT(INOUT) attribute. [INR]
         inr(:,1),this%grid%ngk(3:1:-1),1,product(this%grid%ngk),&
---------^

Example of errors with gnu
cd ../rism && \
                make amber_rism_interface.NAB.o && \
                cp -f amber_rism_interface.NAB.o ../sff/. ; \

make[3]: Entering directory
`/server-home2/romelia/amber-compiled/AmberTools/src/rism'
gfortran -c -DBINTRAJ \
                 \
                -O3 -ffree-form
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-compiled/include
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-compiled/include \
                -o rism_report_c.o rism_report_c.F90
gfortran -c -DBINTRAJ \
                 \
                -O0 -ffree-form
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-compiled/include
-I/server-home2/romelia/amber-compiled/include \
                -o fftw3.o fftw3.F90
Error: Can't open included file 'fftw3.f03'
 In file fftw3.F90:33

  use, intrinsic :: iso_c_binding
 1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)